MSC installs natural turf at new Allianz Field
MSC assists Bush Turf in transforming Comerica ParkThe Detroit Tigers’ Comerica Park suffered major turf damage in the outfield from hosting a Metallica concert over the All-Star break. In addition, the field needed to be converted into a soccer stadium to host the International Champions Cup between AS Roma and Paris Saint-Germain. MSC assisted Bush Turf in making this transformation a reality.
Check out the article and video from WDIV for more information! Photo by Kurt Nagl/Crain’s Detroit Business
MSC lays new turf at the Detroit Lion’s practice field
Are you ready for some football? Minnesota Sodding Company helped renovate the Detroit Lions’ Allen Park practice field for their upcoming season.
Thanks to Fields Inc and the Detroit Lions for letting us be a part of it!
MSC helps with U.S. Bank Stadium’s debut
Minnesota Sodding Company was part of U.S. Bank Stadium’s first major event: an International Champions Cup matchup between elite European soccer clubs Chelsea and AC Milan. MSC was contracted by Bush Sports Turf to ensure the three-day install would provide an excellent playing surface for these top athletes.
MSC assists with the final touches on the U.S. Bank Stadium
Minnesota Sodding Company helps put the final touches on the exterior of the new stadium. MSC was contracted by Arteka to put the seed and sod around the stadium to add lots of “green” around this awesome venue.
MSC is happy to be part of the team’s inaugural season at their new home. Go Vikings!
MSC assists the Minnesota Twins in rebuilding field after fire
Minnesota Sodding Company, along with the Minnesota Twins grounds crew, helped get Tink Larson Field in Waseca, MN back in order before the Bluejays first baseball game after a devastating fire earlier this spring.
MSC performs service project to build baseball field in St. Paul
Minnesota Sodding Company, along with other MPSTMA members, helped to build a new baseball field for the Parkway Little League in St. Paul, MN. This provided the Parkway Little League a fourth field for 5 – 10 year olds to play on.
See page 3 and 4 of the MPSTMA Parks and Sports Turf Magazine for more information.
Sports Turf Services
- Natural Turf Services (click for more details)
- Synthetic Turf Services (click for more details)
- Sports Field Striping Services (click for more details)
- High-end complete installs for sports fields, including professional (major and minor) and collegiate sports teams
- Past installs include National Football League (NFL), Major League Baseball (MLB), Major League Soccer (MLS), and Big 10 College team fields.
- Sports Turf Managers Association (STMA) Certified Staff
- An exclusive in the Minnesota Commercial market!
- Sports Turf Management
- Consulting Services
- Maintenance Services
- Roll-out Services
- Experience working with sod producers nationwide
Examples of Minnesota Sodding Company working hard for their clients!
A National company with Minnesota roots
- Established in 1993. Tom and Dana Groh started Minnesota Sodding Company (MSC) after many years of experience, including working for one of Minnesota’s largest commercial landscape contractors where they honed their skills in system, union, and large project management.
- MSC continued to grow year after year, adding staff and equipment as we grew. In 2009, MSC joined the labor union and were selected to be the labor force behind the Minnesota Twins Target Field field installation. The skills the company provided and reputation of the quality work performed spread through the industry.
- The business continues to expand every year through new smaller and high-end turf clients, as well as continued work with existing clients.
- MSC is staffed by very qualified and experienced professionals.
- Currently the only commercial company in Minnesota that employs multiple Sports Turf Managers Association Certified Sports Field Managers.
- MSC is also a signatory union contractor in Minnesota and Chicago.
- Certified as a Woman Owned Business through the Targeted Group Business (TGB) Program.
- Certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) through the Minnesota Unified Certification Program (MNUCP).
- Equipment on the field and off the field are a top priority for us to serve our clients properly.
- MSC uses technology to streamline operations for near paperless processing, from on-screen takeoffs, estimating, operations, and GPS wireless time tracking. Our job costing is always up to date so our clients are always up to date.
- Our clients get better service through faster quoting processes and more accurate project completion costs.